Wednesday, December 7, 2011

decembrrroidery

i went to the urban craft uprising last weekend with auntie loren and her coworkers! we got there an hour early, i was hoping we were one of the 100 early birdies who could get swag bags but we didnt get one! i think some people camped overnight to be first in line! lame! ;)
anyways, there were quiet a few new vendors! no photos were taken, oops i forgot my camera! tsk tsk! but i was happy to see $5 bins! i got a crewel embroidery kit from tako fibers!


this inspired me start making embroidery again! i did a little bit of it in highschool but i did not have patience!  unlike my mother who would sew and embroider everything ...pillow cases, curtains, table runners, etc! here is a lil bit of story telling time.. she would even sew my name on my stuff like these towels she gave me when i moved to the city to go to college! i told her it was so embarrassing to put my name on my things but she said girls in dorm would possibly steal things! hahaha! she was right! no one even dared to steal these towels, they even made it to america! thanks momi raz! 



here is a mini purse inspired by moon the kitty (neighbor cat that 'used' to come over my apartment every night) playing with a ball of yarn! i tried to embroider the yarn part but i sorta failed ;)